Friday, April 13, 2012

A day in the life

During the first couple weeks as a new mom I found myself running completely on adrenaline. I was unfazed by middle of the night feedings and what felt like Norah's constant fussiness. By week three the adrenaline ran out and I realized I had become just like every other mom. Exhausted. One night I found myself pushing a not-tired baby in a stroller through the halls of our condo building. It was 4am and I eventually resorted to bribery. "If I buy you a puppy, would you go to sleep? How about a trip to Disney World? A red convertible when you turn 16?" But alas, I had to admit that this is what every new parent has to go through. It's a right of passage and within a few months time we won't remember any of this. Instead we'll just remember all the wonderful times when she was like this... 



No comments:

Post a Comment