Sunday, February 5, 2012

Cutlet's Pre-Birthday Party

On February 3rd, our friends Anna and Megan hosted a Pre-Birthday Party for The Cutlet. They spoiled us with party balloons, games and lots of food. The birthday buffet included homemade artichoke dip, Jeff's famous chicken wings, cookies, cake, etc. etc.
It wouldn't be a party without barbeque meatballs!
We were fortunate to have 13 of our closest friends in attendance. 




The first party game of the night was a modified version of The Honeymoon Game. Megan coordinated with Colin ahead of time by asking him some pregnancy/baby related questions. Then Megan asked me the same questions and I had to guess Colin's response. Let's just say I scored a big fat goose egg. Sorry dear.

Question: 'The thing I love most about my wife when she is pregnant is?'
I guessed: "My belly."
The correct response: "She isn't as crabby as she was before."

Question:  'I'm [Colin] secretly hoping the baby is a boy/girl?'
I guessed: "Girl"
Correct response: "Genius" 
The second game required everyone to pair up and guess nursery rhymes.
Here is the highly competive Caya Duo testing their Mother Goose Trivia.
Everyone [including those couples with kids] were totally outscored by Derek and Krysten.  I wonder if they were quizzing each other during their drive up from Jamestown?
The last game involved finding baby sized safety pins in a bowl full of rice with your eyes closed. It sounds easy....but it's actually impossible.
Remember Chad, you can't look.

The Cutlet received some pre-birthday gifts, which Colin really enjoyed opening.

It was requested that everyone gift their favorite childhood book and it was a lot of fun to see what everyone brought.
Of course no birthday party is complete without a huge serving of delicious marble cake.


Thank you to everyone for coming to The Cutlet's Pre-Birthday Party!

No comments:

Post a Comment